View APCO's current Standards in Progress by clicking here.
Call to Action: Public Review and Comment:
APCO International released a call for public review and comment for a Candidate American National Standard (Candidate APCO ANS 3.108.1-201x that identifies core competencies and minimum training standards for Public Safety Communications Instructor.
Resources and Reference
- The NSSN: A National Resource for Global Standards is a search engine that provides users with standards-related information from a wide range of developers, including other organizations accredited by the American National Standards Institute, private sector standards bodies, government agencies and international organizations
- The Homeland Security Standards Database provides one-stop access to standards critical to public safety
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is a worldwide federation of national standards bodies organized to promote the development of standardization and related activities in the world.
- The American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- The Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA)
- Public Safety & Homeland Security Bureau Clearinghouse has been established for the collection, evaluation and dissemination of public safety communications information.
- Homeland Security's SAFECOM - Technology Solutions & Standards
- Project MESA: Mobility for Emergency and Safety Applications
- ATIS/ESIF: Emergency Services Interconnection Forum
- Need help explaining the value of standardization?
- Telecommunicator Code of Ethics
Participation and Suggestions